ILOILO City – I vehemently condemn the inclusion of my name as a high-ranking member of the CPP KR-Panay, in the presentation of the 3rd ID PA at the meeting of the Regional Peace and Order Council at Casa Real, Iloilo City last June 19, 2020.
I fear for my life and safety as it has been the pattern of impunity in extra-judicial killings and illegal arrest and detention victims under the Duterte administration—that targets of military and police neutralization – are first subjected to spurious accusation and vilification, like linking them to the revolutionary armed underground forces to condition the public.
Previously, on December 11, 2018, I was included in posters of leaders of the legal democratic organizations alleging them as puppets of the CPP/NPA posted in strategic locations in Iloilo City by suspected state agents. This was after President Duterte issued Executive Order No. 70 creating the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC). Another wave of said posters was again pasted around Iloilo City on March 16, 2019.
On the larger picture, this malicious scheme of the AFP is aimed at eliminating legal opposition in the last years of President Duterte’s term. In as much as the current administration cannot defeat the armed resistance of the New People’s Army, which is deeply rooted in our social problems and is in its 51 years of existence and spread nationwide – the tyrannical Duterte regime is targeting the legal opposition to silence critics and ease its political isolation.
Amidst the COVID 19 pandemic, Duterte, and his sycophant generals are trying to justify its huge budget by launching an all-out war against our people. We lack testing laboratories, test kits, PPEs for frontline health workers, and manpower in fighting the pandemic, while the government waste scarce resources to fund fake news, troll farms, and military operations.
Even as the Anti-Terrorism Bill of 2020 is not yet enacted into law, state troopers are acting as accusers, judges, and executioners with impunity.
I represented the Bayan Muna Partylist in the 12th Congress in the House of Representatives of the Philippines from April 2003 to June 2004. I was a founding member of Bayan Muna and the Makabayan Coalition and served in concurrent capacity as Vice President for Visayas since the founding congresses of said political organizations until now.
I was employed as a consultant to the Office of the Secretary of the Department of Agrarian Reform, during the former administration of DAR Secretary Rafael Mariano in 2017.
I was a manager for five years of the Panay Fair Trade Corporation (PFTC), the biggest exporter of muscovado sugar in Panay and a major partner of the global fair trade network.
In 1998, I was the founding secretary-general of the Madia-as Ecological Movement that led the successful popular resistance against the entry of commercial mining in Panay Island.
I am a member of the human rights violations class suit against Marcos that was decided in our favor in the United States District Court in Hawaii, USA. The ruling was affirmed in 1996 by the US 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
I was a qualified claimant under the Human Rights Victims Reparation and Recognition Act of 2013, which recognized the sufferings of those unjustly detained and tortured during the Marcos Dictatorship.
The present leadership of the AFP and PNP has not learned its lessons during the hated Marcos Martial Law and continue its martial law mentality and tradition.
I demand due process and a halt to the military’s unjust accusations and vilification against me and my fellow activists.
I demand a public apology from the 3rd ID PA for its irresponsible and baseless accusations./www.panaytoday.net
*STATEMENT OF MAKABAYAN COALITION VICE PRESIDENT FOR VISAYAS SIEGFRED DEDURO ON THE RECENT REDTAGGING BY THE PHILIPPINE ARMY.